Subject: Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing on the economic situation in Ukraine, March 13, 2025
From: "Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting \(IER\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2025 13:00:00 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting is pleased to 
invite you to our regular monthly "Diplomatic Briefing," where IER experts 
share their insights on the current economic situation in Ukraine and 
present the latest results of our business tendency survey.

The upcoming Diplomatic Briefing, focused on “Ukraine’s economic situation 
and challenges in February 2025”, will take place online via Zoom on March 
13, 2025, Tuesday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST / 
15:00-16:00 CEST).

In February and early March, the uncertainty increased as U.S. support 
became less certain than before, creating risks for Ukraine in terms of 
security, stability, and strategic decision-making. At the same time, the EU 
appears to be consolidating its efforts, advancing plans to strengthen its 
defense capabilities, increase defense funding, and reaffirm its long-term 
commitment to supporting Ukraine.

The UK, Canada, Japan continues supporting Ukraine through various 
mechanisms and they are also contributors to the ERA loan mechanism. 
Meanwhile, a staff-level agreement has been reached on the seventh review of 
the IMF program, though Ukraine faced challenges with the implementation of 
one of the structural benchmark. Overall, the international financial 
support for 2025 is rather sufficient, but there are risks there, which we 
will discuss briefly during the meeting.

The economic development has been undermined by the russian shelling of 
energy network and seaports infrastructure. This resulted in power outages 
for industry and in some regions for population, while also creating risks 
for exports via the Ukrainian Sea Corridor.

The IER experts will discuss these and other recent economic trends - 
including trade developments, monetary policy, inflation – as well as 
challenges and outlook during the Briefing. Additionally, the results of the 
IER Business Tendency Survey, conducted in February, will be presented.

Speakers:

Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary 
Society studies.

✅ English is a working language of the meeting.

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.

✅ Please, register for the participation in the Briefings via 
https://forms.office.com/e/P3n61UvPSy

Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER, 
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions, 
government entities, and central banks of Ukraine’s international partners. 
We kindly request your discretion in refraining from sharing this invitation 
with individuals outside of your respective organizations.

Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who would 
benefit from this discussion, we would appreciate if you would be so kind to 
provide us with their contact information.

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) is a 
well-known Ukrainian independent think tank established in 1999, focusing on 
economic research and policy consulting. The IER is a top Ukrainian think 
tank with internationally recognized expertise almost 20 years of experience 
in implementing projects on Ukraine's economic development funded by 
international donor organizations, i.e. SIDA, USAID, UNDP, World Bank Group 
and others. In 2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report the IER is one of 
the 140 Best Independent Think Tanks out of  6,500 surveyed, it is  49th in 
“Best Advocacy Campaign” category, 69th as best International Economics 
Think Tank and  86th best Think Tank in Central and Eastern Europe.  The IER 
has successfully implemented multiple international donors projects related 
to the field of reform implementation in Ukraine. The IER successfully 
combines professional analysis with active involvement in public dialogue 
and advocacy and actively cooperates with Ukrainian national and regional 
authorities in issues related to strategic planning and policy development 
as well as policy implementation. The IER has the capacity for grant 
management and provides re-granting for capacity development to regional 
civil society organizations and media. The IER financial standing has been 
secured through projects as well as private contributions.

__________________

Kind regards,

Igor Burakovsky,

IER Head of the Board